We cannot wait to catch this new play by The Little Company (TLC), Hanuman – The Superhero Monkey.
This new play is a tribute to the Year of the Monkey and is based on the stories of Hanuman, a courageous and cheeky monkey who inspires us to believe we can accomplish what we set out to do, as long as we believe and put our minds to the task.
We are excited because Hanuman is the Indian version of the Chinese Monkey God, Sun Wu Kong. (see picture below)
They share many of the same traits. Both mythological monkeys are cheeky, highly energised and prone to get into mischief. However, both monkeys are highly adaptable, intelligent and problem solvers who ultimately save the day. Like Sun Wu Kong, Hanuman destroys monsters, defeats evil kings and restores order to the world.
What is exciting is that this play will be presented in part cartoon, part film, part musical and part physical theatre.
Created in collaboration with the UK’s Imitating the Dog, who bring their unique theatre style to this epic tale adapted from the Ramayana., the production also features music by Soumik Datta, one of the biggest new music talents in the UK.
This multi-sensory theatre experience is suitable for children aged 5 and above.
They will be thrilled to watch worlds and landscapes change in the blink of an eye and witness the extraordinary feats of Hanuman and his cheeky band of monkey friends, as they battle to create a better world.
We would like to bring a family with us on 10 April (Sunday), 2pm to catch this play with us. Join in the promotion:
1) LIKE Universal Scribbles Facebook Page (if you haven’t already).
2) LIKE and SHARE this post on your social medium (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Google+). DO set your post to PUBLIC so that we are able to verify your entry.
3) Follow US on Instagram
Terms and Conditions:
- Giveaway starts on 26 March 2016 and ends 01 April 2016, Friday at 11.59PM.
- This giveaway is open to Singapore residents above 18 years old only.
- To take part and qualify, please follow the above giveaway steps.
- The number of eligible entries received determine the odds of winning.
- Winners are picked randomly and decisions are final and at the discretion of the blog owner. No changes/disputes will be entertained.
- The Winner will be notified by the email provided in the participation form and must reply within 24 hours, failing which, a new winner will be drawn, without notice.
- If potential Prize winner forfeits or does not claim the prize, the said prize will be re-awarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All prizes will be awarded.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Void Where Prohibited.
- This promotion is kindly sponsored by Singapore Repertory Theatre.
Till our next post, love yourself, love one another.
You may also like to read our reviews on the following plays for kids:
- Three Billy Goats Gruff (English)
- Goldilocks and The Three Bears (Mandarin)
- The Nightingale (English)
- Junior Claus The Musical (English)