I am an amateur home cook. Any cooking class is an opportunity for me to learn.
This is a post on a cooking session offered by Tupperware as part of the GE #RuntoliveGreat Fringe Event. Today, I learned to make Apple Salsa and cook an Asian Hawaiian Pizza.
Asian Hawaiian Pizza
The first thing we did was to learn how to make the dough, which we set aside to rise. Flossie, the chef-instructor, gave us some ready dough which she had prepared earlier.
We learned to flatter them with the heel of our palm and poke holes in them with forks to allow the dough to rise better when cooked.
Next, we prepared the ingredients for the pizza topping. Flossie explained that as this was a home recipe, we could add or remove anything we wish and make any quantity that is suitable for our family.
Ingredients you will need:
- Ham strips
- Mushroom strips
- Pineapple slices
- Green Capsicum slices
- Red Capsicum slices
- Onion slices
- Asian meals Sambal Tumis Pre-mixed Sauce
- Cherry Tomato chopped with Extra Chef
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Oil the TupperwareChef Inspire Fryer with butter and preheat it on medium heat for 2 minutes. Cover lid with a closed valve.
- Place dough on a plate and press dough into a flat, round shape.
- Place flattened dough into pre-heated Fryer. Poke holes in dough using a fork.
- Cover lid with closed valve on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover, spread pizza fillings and top it up with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover lid with closed valve on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Pizza is ready to be served!
This is an incredibly easy dish to prepare – takes only 10 minutes with the help of the Tupperware Extra Chef.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 2 apples (peeled and cored)
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 small jalapeno pepper
- 2 lime
- 1 tbsp honey
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- Cut the apples, red pepper, onion and jalapeño into parts and toss them into Tupperware’s Extra Chef. You can leave the parts quite big chunks as the Extra Chef will do the work for you.
- Add in the honey and pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cover the Extra Chef with the adapter ring and cover.
- I love this part. Pull cord until ingredients are finely chopped. Be careful not to pull the cord too many times as the blade from Extra Chef can cut up to 288 times.
- Serve together with tortilla or pita chips.
All foods were cooked, served and stored in Tupperware apparatus and containers. I was surprised how efficient and user-friendly the Tupperware cookware were. Definitely will explore and invest in Tupperware products.