|Yields 2 servings||Ingredients:|
- 2 ½ cups Self-raising flour
- ¼ cup Rolled oats
- 3 tbsp Caster sugar
- 125g Butter
- 6 tbsp Régilait Calcium Plus Non Fat milk powder
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Small egg
- Jam and whipped cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C/220°C fan-forced. Line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix the milk powder into the water and set aside for use.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and rolled oats. Add in the diced butter cubes, mix until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Whisk Régilait milk with egg in a separate bowl, then pour over the flour mixture. Stir using a fork to make soft ragged dough. Gently knead until the dough comes together.
- Scatter some flour onto the work surface and dredge your hands with a little more flour. Tip the dough out and pat into 10- x 7-inch (25 x 18 cm) rectangle. Trim edges to straighten.
- Cut the dough into 6 squares; cut each diagonally in half. Place on lined baking tray. Lightly brush the tops with Régilait milk before baking.
- Bake in 200°C oven for 10 minutes until risen. Lower the temperature to 180°C and bake for another 6 to 8 minutes or until the scones turns golden brown. Transfer to rack; let cool. Serve with jam and cream.
If you like this post, please share your thoughts with Us in the comments below or connect with me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Till our next post, love yourself, love one another.