It is party time in Singapore with lots of fun activities for the family in this week-long, island-wide celebration for our Nation’s birthday. Check out what’s in store for you, the citizens. Let’s party!
1) PlayLAH! Let’s Celebrate!
Singapore’s favourite family carnival is back with additional themed villages and fringe events in time to celebration our country’s birthday! In partnership with Singapore’s National Day Parade Organising Committee, the 6th edition of PlayLAH! Let’s Celebrate! NDP 2017 has an even more exciting line-up of activities this year, complete with hands-on workshops, game booths and musical zones for you and your family’s ultimate day out.
Get creative, learn a new skill or simply soak up the carnival atmosphere with hours of fun and thrills in our 4 dedicated zones, thematic villages and stage programmes at the carnival’s main zones – Play, Learn, Eat and Bond, Music, Sports and Tech.
Also look out for the annual Singapore Drum Festival which will be held alongside PlayLAH! and includes the Ultimate Drummer’s Weekend as well as the Drum Off Singapore Competition.
|Event Date||04 – 06 August 2017|
|Event Time||12pm – 9pm|
|Venue||Singapore EXPO Hall 5, 1 Expo Drive, Singapore 486150|
2) Sundown Festival 2017
In the spirit and season of all things National Day and Singapore pride, the Sundown Festival 2017 (8th edition) promises audiences an invigorating Saturday afternoon celebration of all-things made-in-Singapore music and fun. Expect a power line-up of established home-grown artistes featuring the likes of Ling Kai, Derrick Hoh, Jack & Rai and Jason Chung, and other emerging talents like The Summer State, Farrago, Ashdown and Axel Brizzy, just to name a few.
|Event Title||Sundown Festival 2017|
|Event Date||5 August 2017|
|Event Time||4pm onwards|
|Venue||City Beach Resort at Labrador Park|
|Tickets||From $15 – general admission|
*Fees do not include ticketing charge*
Look out for our FLASH GIVEAWAY on Instagram @UniversalScribbles – 5 Pairs of tickets to be won!
3) Singapore Sports Hub National Day Fiesta!
Celebrate the Nation’s birthday at the Sports Hub National Day Fiesta!, a part of GetActive! @Singapore Sports Hub event. It is a full day celebration featuring a variety of sports, fitness, entertainment and lifestyle activities including a live-telecast of the National Day Parade and family picnic, sports challenges, 52-minute National Day fitness workout, aquathlon workshop, and a carnival.
Here are some Key Highlights:
- Experience Sports Super 8s^ – Form a team of 2 to 5 persons, be an athlete for a day and challenge yourself to 8 different sports – tennis, table tennis, lawn bowl, athletics, touch rugby, basketball, futsal and floorball.
- 52 minute National Day Fitness Blast^ – Come dressed in red and Zumba/Cardio Blast along to your favourite National Day-themed songs!
- Experience Sports – Sports Development Series: Aquathlon^ – Have a swim at our world-class swimming pool at the OCBC Aquatic Centre, and run along the Stadium Riverside or walk to enjoy the scenic views of the city skyline.
- National Day Carnival – Be entertained by stage performances and participate in activities such as upsized board games, bouncy castles, racing simulators, design-your-own-NDP-truck and more!
- Live NDP Telecast & Family Picnic – Have a mass family picnic right at the OCBC Square while watching the live telecast of the National Day Parade.
|Event Title||Singapore Sports Hub National Day Fiesta!|
|Event Date||9 August 2017|
|Event Time||9am – 9pm|
All activities are FREE for the public.
Limited quantities of the Sports Hub National Day Fiesta Fun Pack will be given out to participants who sign up for these three activities on a first-come-first-served basis. Please visit www.sportshub.com.sg/NationalDayFiesta for more information.
|0900 – 1400||Experience Sports – Sports Development Series: Aquathlon||OCBC Aquatic Centre|
|1000 – 2100||Singapore Flag Collage Craft||Singapore SportsMuseum|
|1300 – 1400||National Day 52 Minutes Fitness Blast (Session 1)||OCBC Square|
|1300 – 1700||Experience Sports Super 8s||Various Locations|
|1300 – 1800||National Day Carnival||OCBC Square|
|1500 – 1600||National Day 52 Minutes Fitness Blast (Session 2)||OCBC Square|
|1600 – 1800||Collection of Sports Hub National Day Fiesta Fun Pack||OCBC Square|
|1700 – 2100||Live NDP Telecast & Family Picnic||OCBC Square|