Featured In BlogTV.sg – Celebrity Advice By Andrea De Cruz
Once in a while, LIFE throws you such great opportunities that you just grabbed them by the horns and do the best that you can. Last week, I was invited to go on National Television to present my views as a parent who prefers to send her children to elite or “branded schools”.
LIVE on BlogTV Singapore with Cheryl Fox, Tim Oh.
Eck!! I haven’t had a hair cut in 3 months!! So off I go to my favourite person who always makes me look beautiful – Vincent Lee from CINQ Hair Salon. And while Vincent styled my hair, who should walk by but Mediacorp Artiste Andrea De Cruz herself!!
A familiar face on local television, Andrea is also a Director of CINQ salon. She paused to give me some advice on how to look and sound incredible on television:
1. Look Presentable – “Be mindful of the audience of the show and dress appropriately. If you are appearing as an expert, wear a jacket and look the part. Never appear too casual,” says Andrea adding that smart casual is always a safe bet on TV. Other nuggets of advice include:
- Bear in mind that there’s a lot of harsh lightning.
- AVOID stripes or white colour clothing on TV.
- Avoid Smoky eyes or dark red lipstick (for Asians).
- Wear light, neutral shades and blend the colour properly.
- Try to look natural without looking like you’ve put in too much effort.
2. Appear Credible – The content of the show is important. Go on the program fully aware of the topic to be discussed. “Know what you are talking about,” says Andrea.
- Prepare yourself by asking the producer of the show for a list of questions that will be asked during the show.
- Do some research on your part
- Practice your answers at home so you have an idea what to say on the program.
3. Make Sense When You Speak – Some people tend to mumble when they are nervous or put on the spot. Here’s what Andrea advise:
- Project your voice; no need to shout as you are wearing a mic, just speak a notch louder than your normal voice.
- Speak clearly
- Don’t suddenly go introvert
Vincent, a Director and one of 5 partners at the hair salon suggests that you invest in a styling session with a reputable hair salon 2-3 hours before the show.
“The hairstyle should go with the dressing,” he said before offering these tips:
- Long hair – try curling your hair for a more dramatic look or iron straight hair for a sleek look
- Soft curls are better – schedule more time if you are curling your hair.
- Straighten frizzy hair
- Use hair products to control unruly curls or frizzy hair
- Brush on some serum to add shine to hair
CINQ Hair Salon is a favourite among local celebrities, models, expats and high-flying professionals, including Sharon Lim (Editor-in-Chief of ELLE Singapore), Corrina Lim (Executive Director of AWARE), Glenn Goei and Ivan Heng (renowned theatre directors), international stars like Joan Chen, Ananda Everingham, Tanya Chua and even ex-British Prime Minister’s wife, Shirley Blair.
CINQ is located at 137 Telok Ayer Street #01-03 (opposite the Hokkien Temple), Tel: 6223 3380 and 6 Scotts Road, Scotts Square #03-16, Tel: 6636 0100
6 thoughts on “Featured In BlogTV.sg – Celebrity Advice By Andrea De Cruz”
Very good post, cheers.
Thanks… See you again soon.
I’m not certain the place you’re getting your info, but great topic. I must spend some time finding out more or figuring out more. Thanks for great information I was searching for this information for my mission.
I love your pages! Thanks a lot!
Thanks Shawnee! Come back to visit us soon. 🙂
Pingback: Meiling Wong – Trainer & Facilitator – Universal Scribbles